Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Clifford - Day 23


The farrier came this morning to trim Cliff and Trudy's feet. After he left Clifford was running and jumping and came barreling up to the gate to get a bit of apple. The feet trimming was going to be a pretty good test, because I planned to do some arena work with him afterward. (He was stumbling because his feet were long.) Unfortunately it's been raining ever since. (I call it "arena work" but it's all a facade, as one doesn't actually exist here!) So, we will wait for better weather. Meanwhile, he posed by the apple blossoms.

I have to say that I am already considering the new supplement a success, even though technically I still have a week's worth of test run to go. Clifford has had a couple of episodes of limping and stiffness (in the field on days after working). It's just a reminder that there isn't a cure for arthritis and he's only human after all! But judging from how rapidly he improved, and how much better he feels, this has definitely been worth it. I have my horse back!

2 comments:

Victoria Cummings said...

What good news! I hope that eventually, you'll reveal what this miracle supplement is. By the way, your doggies are darling.

Unknown said...

The secret is revealed! And thanks for the nice compliment on my kids Victoria! :-)