Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Grendel Update

Here's an email from Grendel's new mom, relayed with permission. They have changed his name to Achilles, which I think is perfect for him!

Sorry I haven’t updated you soon, but have been extremely busy and then when I do have a moment I am exhausted. As you see, we re-named Grendel to “Achilles” as my husband wanted to have a Greek mythology name. We have had a Sampson, Toby & Thor all Greek mythology. Bogey, well he is Bogey.

To sum it all up, Achilles is a very loving and good boy. He does have some “issues” to work out, but I am confident over time he will. He does try to have his way at times, I think he is testing us, but I want him to know that he will not always get his way. He eats with Bogey @ 6:00 am and then again @ 6:00 pm after I get home from work. He goes in his crate around 7:45am and my husband gets home between 4:30 5:00 and lets him out. They both, Achilles and Bogey go outside to use the bathroom and usually end up playing outside until I get home, then they eat after they unwind a bit and then I usually make them wait about 45min after they eat to go back out to play.

Achilles prefers to sleep on the first level not upstairs. He loves the orthopedic beds that I have throughout the house. He does get on the bed with me @ times and he likes to suit on the couch sometimes (which is ok with us).

I am very happy that we had the opportunity to adopt him. I know he will turn out to be a wonderful boy (not that he isn’t already) he just tries to get away with as much as he can sometimes, but he is learning.

Sometimes when I am sitting on the couch watching TV, he comes up to me and puts his head on my lap and just looks up @ me with those sad eyes, how can anyone not love him????

I will forward some pics to you very soon. My husband has already taken him over to his parents house with Bogey and their dog, Sasha, Bogey and Achilles all play so nice. Bogey stops early, but the pother two go all over the back yard (they have around 4 acres fenced in).

Oh, by the way, Achilles does very well in the backyard, runs along the fence at times when cars go by, as I live on a corner, but then gets tired and stops. Cutting the grass, well I thought it would be a hassle, but he only tried to bite the tires once and then just ran around the yard with his toys when I was cutting. He was so tired Saturday night, he looked like a little angel!!

Thank you again for a wonderful & beautiful boy!

No comments: