Monday, December 1, 2008

Isabella on the Stem Cell Trail


Isabella is a 20 year old donkey belonging to my friend Rita. She had foundered so badly that she couldn't stand. Rita put her on the StemEquine, and had her shoes reset with new pads.

Isabella got back on her feet. I went to visit her about six weeks ago and she was in the stall. She had bed sores from lying down, but when I saw her she was standing. I could tell, though, that she was hurting by the way her feet were planted. She didn't want to move. She was nothing like the feisty donkey I had known for years.

"Gosh," I said to Rita. "She looks bad."

"You should have seen her BEFORE!" Rita said. "She's a lot better!"

When I went to visit a week ago, Isabella was walking around outside eating grass. She was still going a little gingerly, but it was amazing to me that she was moving around. She has to wear a grazing muzzle to keep from overeating.

Rita attributes Isabella's improvement to the StemEquine and said she is going to keep her on it.

No comments: