Monday, June 22, 2009

Clifford of Drummond Island


It's been four years since Clifford and Trudy have visited the Drummond camp. This is temporary home for them until I find a more permanent solution to their displacement. Yesterday upon arrival they took a moment to look around before stepping out of the trailer.


Upon being released from the trailer, they both march directly into the corral.


They walk around checking things out, and then immediately they each drop and roll.


Their obvious comfort is a comfort to me.


So we returned to my mother land; the land of deep forests...


...of varied wildlife...


...of wooded islands...


...of tiny flowers...


...of ancient mariners...


...of rock and cedar.


The animals and I face the future, but we don't know what lies ahead.

Photos courtesy of Vickie Sheathelm.

2 comments:

Melody Lea Lamb said...

A lovely post! I know that it make us horsie moms so happy when out equines are also pleased. :)

Anonymous said...

This post speaks to my core! All the elements of true bliss . . . are you there for the summer?