Monday, July 20, 2009

Impromptu Radio Interview - And It's a Small, Small World!

Here's a small world story.

As of this year, I am an avid Twitterer. I noticed one of my twitter
followers was promoting a radio show called, "Dresser After Dark".
The host was listed as Michael Ray Dresser.

Back in the day, I had known a Michael Dresser in Fairbanks, Alaska.
I worked for the Humane Society and I was on his show to promote
adoption efforts. Michael actually came to the shelter and adopted a
dog from me -- one I was considering keeping for myself! She was
very special, a black Chihuahua I named Cricket that someone had
thrown over the fence and left there. She was about 6-8 months old
then.

Michael fell in love with Cricket and adopted her. I moved away from
Fairbanks after that and didn't hear more from him.

Yesterday I looked on the website, saw his picture and thought, "That
HAS to be the same guy!"

Looked up his bio and sure enough! It's the Mike Dresser from back in
the 80's! He answered my email and said Cricket lived to be 12 years
old and he still misses her!

I'm going on his show tomorrow night! Tune in at 8:30 pm EST Tuesday and you can
hear me talk about Morgan Horses and CLifford.

http://www.dresserafterdark.com/

No comments: