Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clifford's New Watercolors - More Real "Equine Art"!


It took some coaxing to get him to work today. He just didn't have the muse. I think it was due in part to the humongous new round bale he has had his head jammed in since last night.

The textures on this one are from a new type of sponge, which Cliffy didn't seem to fancy. He did better when we reverted to the old, smaller square type. Anyway, I think this one looks rather springlike.

"Bear Foot" -- this is one of my favs.

This is the first and only painting (so far) where Clifford has used his hoof to move paint. Part of this was done with a sponge, but you can see the swipe marks from his hoof. I was going to offer this one for sale, but Dad pointed out that this looks like a horse! I can clearly see the head profile and flowing mane. So now, I have to keep it.

No comments: