Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Ride


Clifford and I took a nice little ride today around the neighbor's fields. It's downright balmy here, about mid-sixtys. He was feeling really good and actually did a couple of side steps. As usual, when I was tacking him up, he wanted to make out. I had to spend quite a bit of time today smooching with him. I didn't do the cinch up tight enough and when I went to climb aboard, I pulled the saddle down. I was sliding down the side of him and he was stepping around in a circle. I told him to whoa and he did, standing still while I just hung there, grunting. He stood there while I finally struggled back up with some effort. You would think after spending 15 years with the same horse, I'd at least be able to get on by now. Oh well.

We had a wonderful time.

3 comments:

The Good Witch said...

it's beautiful horse!

Victoria Cummings said...

What a great photo of you two! Glad you had fun together. The world is a better place after a good ride.

yedips said...

Clifford looks like he adores you!! :)