Sunday, January 25, 2015

Breakfast Plates, and Slates

My boyfriend made me this special pancake this morning. He claims it just appeared.
"It's a sign!" I screeched, running for the phone.
"Hurry up!" he yelled. "It's gonna burn!"
Native Americans believed that eating the heart of something would transmit its spirit to you.
I didn't know what it meant to have a Pancake Spirit....
So I ate it surreptitiously.


 
He not only provided breakfast, but then went out and cut all these slates for me, and drilled the holes for them to hang from.  This is a little bit lighter colored than our last batch. The photo was taken right after I had scrubbed them, and they were still pretty wet.  To me, they are delicious to look at -- the grain, the chipped edges, each one like an empty canvas with its own quirks.
 


 
Any day that you feel loved, is a good day.

No comments: