Friday, December 14, 2007

The Cat and the Christmas Miracle


Now this I don't believe.

Christmas Pepper, my one remaining Somali, will be fifteen years old on the 20th of this month. I acquired Pepper when she was about five months old (she "chose" me at a cat show). She is a benevolent soul, always unruffled and was the cat I elected to trust with Amanda, my little sis, at shows. They did great together. Pepper raised several litters here. Although she allowed Reva, my maternally-driven German shepherd, to surrogate all her litters, Pepper was never crazy about dogs. In this respect she was vastly different from my other cats. I know it is because she wasn't raised with them, and she herself was not one of Reva's "children".

Since Kenya died two weeks ago, Pepper for the first time in her life is the only cat in the household. I wondered how she was going to take this, especially at her age.
Well, just a few minutes ago I came around the corner into the living room and found her rolling and purring and nuzzling on CAJUN!!!

If it weren't so dark, I would snap a couple of photos of this new development.

Times, they are a-changin'....

No comments: