Thursday, January 24, 2008

Adventures in Puppysitting


While looking through some old files, I found a diary of a puppy I had taken in for a week while owners went on vacation. Sonic was a half border collie, half terrier. She was chocolate brown with green eyes, and totally loveable, and of course, brilliant.

I decided that when the owner came back, I would have taught her a trick. As roll over is one of the easiest to teach, I decided on that. You simply have the puppy in a lying down position and hold a treat over its haunches, so that it has to reach, strrrretttch to get it. Most pups will naturally flip over on their backs, and then follow the treat like a magnet the rest of the way. Give it a try!

You can read more about Sonic's adventures that week, by following the link to "Fur the Love of Dogs".

No comments: